When Should You Call Your Plumber?
Plumbing problems are some of the most common issues of owning a home, but when should you call your plumber? That is one of the questions many homeowners ask themselves. Some homeowners try to perform the repairs themselves to save a few pennies or perhaps with the aid of an over-the-counter solution. In most cases, this can be a big mistake.
However, it is important to be proactive about taking care of your plumbing issues, because leaks can easily cause damage to surrounding floors and walls. In addition to that, even a slight leak can have a significant impact on how much you are paying on your water bill.
Here are some of the signs that you should go ahead and call your plumber.
1. Do you have low water pressure in your shower or in your kitchen? You could have a defective shower valve or pipes with buildup.
2. Look for wet spots in crawl space or attic. Do you see or smell mold? Leaking pipes often go undetected until they create harmful molds.
3. Check under your sinks in your home for wet spots. Either along the pipes or underneath. You might have a leak.
4. Check your toilet water tanks. Do you see any rust or green build up? Is your water tank leaking? Are you flushing gallons of water down the toilet without knowing because your tank is leaking?
5. Clogged sinks. When a bottle of drain cleaner does not fix the problem?
6. Flooding. While you may be able to spend several days trying to clear a clogged drain, flooding is a problem you must act on immediately. It could be as simple as a clog, or something more serious like a broken pipe.
7. No hot water. It could be a simple fix, or it might require replacing the water heater.
8. Overflowing toilet. The last thing you want is sewer water inside your rooms. The quicker you fix the problem, the less cleanup you will have.
It can be difficult to know when to actually go ahead and call your plumber, but it is also very important to know when it is necessary to do so. If you answered yes to any of these questions you need to give us a call today at (407) 233-3142.
Martin, Brett. 10 Mistakes That Will Make You Call the Plumber. 19 April 2013. http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to/g1158/10-mistakes-that-will-make-you-call-the-plumber/
Stickley, Aaron. When to Call a Professional Plumber. 4 December 2014. http://plumbing.about.com/od/basics/a/When-To-Call-A-Professional-Plumber.htm